Where we Produce

Camporeale (Masciddi or Campurriali in Sicilian dialect) is a small agricultural center in the province of Palermo, located in the eastern part of the Val di Mazara, on the horseback of the two provinces of Palermo and Trapani, who contended for fertile territory until 1954 a definitive move to the administrative district of the Sicilian regional capital.
In the valley of Belice Camporeale is surrounded by a chain of hills over 400 meters above sea level and is protected by hills overlooking the plain of Madranova.

An enchanting rural landscape of visitors is made up of hills, promontories and hills where the vine is the protagonist.
As far as the lined rope lane is gone along the hillsides, the valleys go back and fall in autumn red.

In the spring the valley blossoms alternating the green of vineyards with the grain of wheat the dotted with the red on the.

Not only for its landscaped beauty but above all for its spontaneous fertility and the climatic conditions ideal to pursue the highest quality that has long been immersed is an agriculture made of excellence, and carried on by a people who work with passion and meticulousness.

Today, Camporeale is learning a new Renaissance trained by the productions of excellence and an ideal social fabric where young people have rediscovered the know-how of their grandparents tradition by bringing innovation and new passion.

An area that looks to export, which compares with international markets while maintaining the light of tradition and quality.

Where we come from

Camporeale is the result of millennia of peoples who have succeeded in cultivating its fertile lands.
It starts with the Sicans in the 8th century BC. while the Romans arrive in 260 BC The Arabs build countless houses and villages. Even today the Cubici farmhouse and the Kalatrasi castle, with the same bridge called the Devil’s Bridge, are also left, which is said to be constructed in a single night by the devils of the Maranfusa rocks.

These are the neighborhoods. Camporeale itself is newly built, dates back to 1779 by the Marquis of Sambuca. Due to the 1968 Belice earthquake, it was rebuilt a little further downstream. His name means “campus regalis”, a Field worthy of a King.

Of historical and architectural interest there is the Baglio, two courtyards that can be accessed through a large arch, built in 1691, overlooking the church of S. Antonio da Padova and on the Palazzo del Principe today’s headquarters of the Enoteca and the Library Comunale.